Question:
how to take a gas cap off without a key?
richard s
2006-05-20 21:16:19 UTC
how to take a gas cap off without a key?
Five answers:
Comfortably Numbâ„¢
2006-05-20 22:05:32 UTC
i have used a flat screwdriver to pop out the lock. the cap will usually unscrew then
2016-05-20 02:15:03 UTC
Though there are several brands of locking gas caps, the ones that I've had required a key to both lock and unlock it. Therefore, if there was no key you just wouldn't be able to lock it. Are you sure you left it there and that someone hadn't tampered with yours? One day I found my cap missing and a hose sticking out of the tank...obviously someone tried to siphon gas out, but was unable.
2006-05-20 21:25:19 UTC
An aftermarket gas cap lock should have a code number on it to order a new key for it.. If not, your screwed... Run the vehicle until its on empty and drill out the lock.. hopefully you will learn to not lose your keys in the future.
2006-05-20 21:22:53 UTC
I pumped gas years ago. If you have the old-style key lock, pull up with your hand until the cap clicks/snaps (don't go crazy here). While still in an upwards pull, you Should be able to spin the sucker off.

Hope this helped!
NGL007
2006-05-20 21:17:51 UTC
very carefull...